Everyone at Laine is committed to working to the values and objectives that sit at the heart of our business, namely to:
- Create inviting, indulging and inspiring pub and beer environments and experiences
- Create a culture of care, safety and accessibility that maximises comfort and wellbeing for staff, customers and everyone else involved in the business
- Be a positive energy at the heart of the communities where we operate, with a deep commitment to diversity, engagement and inclusion at every opportunity
- Be a highly relevant, positive and respectful contributor to the richness of the culture of the areas in which we operate
- Reduce the negative impacts of the operation of the business on the local community and, more widely, on the ecology of the planet, wherever and whenever possible
Laine’s Code of Conduct supports the company’s commitment to working to these values and objectives, allowing anyone involved in helping us achieve these goals to expect a positive, harassment-free experience of the business, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. Laine expects the highest level of conduct and behaviour from everyone involved in the business including - but not limited to - direct and contracted employees, customers, collaborators, associates and suppliers.
We take a ZERO-TOLERANCE approach towards any form of harassment or discrimination including - but not limited to - offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion, or regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices. Threats of violence, deliberate intimidation, and unwelcome sexual attention will similarly not be tolerated.
Everybody, including employees and third parties, can report their concerns easily, and anonymously if preferred, by reaching out to a manager at site level or our People function at Laine’s offices. Contact details for the latter are below. Complaints of any kind of unacceptable behaviour are taken very seriously, are dealt with confidentially by all levels of management and are investigated fully. If an act of unacceptable behaviour is established it will be considered a disciplinary offence for employees, a contract breach for contractors and an immediate termination of service for a customer. We will deal with matters of conduct that fall below the highest standards in the most serious of ways and reserve the right to pursue a case for gross misconduct or criminal prosecution if necessary.